FWC Higher Education Scholarships
Friends of Wednesday’s Child (FWC)
is excited to announce that our 2017 College Scholarship application is now open. This renewable scholarship provides up to $3,000 per year to foster youth to pursue higher education or trade school. The scholarship may be used for necessities such as books, supplies, and certain living expenses such as housing and food.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 5:00 pm Central Standard Time
- The foster youth's legal case originated in CPS Region 3.
- The foster youth is a high school senior with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or has completed their GED.
- The foster youth has an acceptance letter to a college, university or trade school with plans to attend in Fall 2017.
- The foster youth has completed the PAL program.
- The foster youth has a valid email address where they can receive ongoing communication from FWC.
- Acceptance letter from the college, university or trade school the student plans to attend in Fall 2017.
- Signed Friends of Wednesdays' Child "Scholarship Program Acknowledgement Agreement."
- Signed Friends of Wednesday's Child "PAL College Scholarship Referral."
- Signed Friends of Wednesday's Child "College Scholarship Certification."
- Personal Essay: The essay must be at least 500 words, typed, double-spaced, 12 point font, free of grammatical errors and address the topic stated below.
Describe your most meaningful achievement and how it relates to your chosen field of study and your future goals. Also, include how FWC's scholarship will help you achieve your future goals.
The following attachments must be mailed to the Friends of Wednesday's
Friends of Wednesday's
ATTN: Charnese Evans
2801 Swiss Avenue, Suite 130
Dallas, Texas 75204
The FWC 2017 College Scholarship application will only be available online for submission.
Please Note: Submission of this application does not guarantee a scholarship.
- Copy of student's unofficial high school transcript or GED certificate.
- One (1) letter of recommendation by a teacher, foster parents, caseworker or mentor.
- Application Opens: Friday, April 7, 2017
- Submission Deadline: Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 5 pm (this includes all attachments).
- Scholarship Notifications: Friday, June 30, 2017 via email
Please contact Charnese Evans, General Programs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions or have difficulty accessing the online application.