Academic Support identifies and fulfills unmet educational needs.
Summer School/GED Classes
- Support for summer school enrollment, GED Classes to prepare for the GED examination, and assistance with taking the GED.
College Campus Visits
- Visiting a college campus for the first time often motivates and inspires a student to make the decision to go to college if the decision had not already been made. FWC helps financially support campus visit opportunities.
Higher Education Scholarships
– assist foster children and youth continuing their education at college or vocational school.
Scholarships are awarded to young adults who continue their education at State colleges, universities or vocational training facilities after foster care. Fall 2014 Scholarship application opens Monday, March 3rd.
2013 Scholarship Application Deadline: Friday, July 18th.
– provides extra help to foster children and youth behind in school due to the instability of foster care.
The average child in custody moves an average of EIGHT times per year. As a result, even the best students fall behind in school and need a little extra help.
High School Highlights
- provides financial assistance for graduation memories
We know what a milestone it is to graduate high school. Therefore, FWC wants to ensure there is support for important yet costly senior expenses such as a senior trip, graduation packages, senior rings, senior portraits, etc.
Back to Class Readiness
- Our annual supply drive that provides over 500 children with backpacks and school supplies so that they are prepared for school.
Our 2014 Back to Class Supply Drive will be held on Saturday, August 2nd. Notification for event registration will go to CPS caseworkers and CPA case managers during the month of July.