General Program Manager Job Description Overview The General Program Manager leads the agency’s programmatic strategies for the following program areas: Academic Supports, Beyond the Classroom, Training Supports, and our Advocacy Work. The General Program Manager works collaboratively with the Success in School Program Manager and the Executive Director to ensure the mission of Friends of Wednesday’s Child is fulfilled through impactful programming and community collaborations with measurable outcomes. Key Responsibilities Programs
- Leads FWC’s critical analysis of the needs of foster children from an overall programmatic perspective with the exception of the Success in School Program.
- Analyzes data and findings from needs assessment/evaluation and will be lead staff member for program creation/re-alignment as needed.
- Oversees all of the following program areas: Academic Supports, Beyond the Classroom, Training Supports, and Advocacy.
- Works with Executive Director and Board to determine measurable goals/outcomes for program work.
- Determines outcome/evaluation methodology for program activities. Responsible for ensuring FWC’s program work meets or exceeds our goals.
- Works with child placement agencies, CPS, Child Welfare Boards, CASA, etc. to evaluate foster children requests.
- Pro-actively ensures that our services are easy to access and that all agencies and case worker/case managers are aware of our services and programs.
- Explores the use of technology as a resource for funding requests.
- Executes on program projects/events by meeting or exceeding the pre-established goals and outcomes.
- Assures that the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a positive and consistent image to stakeholders and partners.
- Develops reports and updates to programmatic contributors.
- Assists in the development of annual reports. Works with team members to develop social media postings and updates. Creates and updates programmatic referral forms, information guides, and partner communications
- Proactively builds collaborations with organizations/groups who work with foster children and/or abused children.
- Takes a strategic leadership role in fostering collaborations in addition to serving on committees. Leverages community resources and create greater impact with a focus on not duplicating services.
- Partners with Fund Development as the program expert for program related grants and other program materials and stewardship reports.
- Creates and tracks budgets for program related initiatives.
- Reconciles the program financials to ensure revenue and expenses are properly coded and recorded as well as ensure proper grant funding is utilized.
- Leads FWC Advocacy efforts at a regional and state level and provides public testimony to legislature.
- Responsible for scheduling and leading meetings with local and state representatives to discuss the educational needs of children in foster care.
- Conducts presentations as requested to the public.
- Develops and maintains relationships with collaborating and partner organizations to extend the services of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years direct experience in executing nonprofit programming, conducting program evaluation and conducting and analyzing needs assessment efforts. Experience with evidence based programming and evaluations preferred
- Demonstrated success in proactively building community collaborations
- Demonstrated experience in transforming and enhancing an organization’s programmatic work
- Ability to work with diverse populations from CPS, clients, donors and volunteers. Experience working with similar populations is preferred
- In depth understanding of the foster care system highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success in being proactive in problem solving and a drive for solutions
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office tools including Outlook
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills essential
- Passion for the mission of transforming the lives of children in foster care through education
I am writing on behalf of myself to say thanks for all you have done for me. It has been much appreciated. Thanks again for making life that much easier. Sincerely, Alex
Thanks for a relaxing week at Camp! The guys and I had a ball — skiing, fishing, the "blob". It was great! We truly appreciate your sponsorship. - Luke
Need contacts...I have a pair of glasses, but they are very ugly. Everyone tells me that they look okay but they are only trying to make me feel better. I haven't worn the things since I got them, and I won't ever. If I could I would feed them to my puppy dog. Signed, April
Thank you for my birthday money. I am going to buy me a bike. - Jacqui
Thank you very much for the money and thanks for the registration fee, softball glove and shoes. Thank you so much for everything you have done. I truly appreciate it very much. - LaraThank Yous